- Category: Writers' Guidelines
- Hits: 7185
NOTE: All copyrights for articles appearing in The Messenger remain with the authors.
Your article may be of any length, preferably between 2000 - 4000 words.
There is no deadline other than it needs to be to us by one week prior to the update you want it to go into. Currently, we update on a weekly or daily basis.
- If possible Please use Helvetica 12 point type. If not, I can translate fairly easily.
- DO NOT use paragraph indents.
- DO NOT use special formatting like changing the margins or indents.
- DO NOT use headers, footers, or page numbering.
- DO NOT include tables. If you want a special graphic in table form, please send it as an image (jpeg, gif, or png). If you need help with that, let me know.
- DO Use single spacing with double spacing between paragraphs.
- DO Use ONE space after a period. Two spaces comes from the days when we used typewriters. It is no longer considered correct and it is a pain in the tush to correct on copy.
- Please spell check and grammar check your work before you submit it. I don't do a lot of editing and if you have errors, unless I happen to catch them, they will go out for the world to see.
- Please include a short (1 paragraph) bio, your email and web address if you want them included.
- If we don't have it on file already, please include a photograph of yourself in Jpg format. It needs to be at least 110 pixels at 72 dpi. If you don't know what this means, just make it about 1 1/2" wide. Length does not matter.
- For any graphics or images you include, you must have a legal right to use them. DO NOT pull photographs or images from the web unless you know they are in public domain or you have permission to use them. Coypright infringement is serious.
Thanks so much,